Introduction To Growing Bonsai
The course is 20 hours in total.
Material covered in the course includes:
- Bonsai history and basics
- Bonsai styles and artistic principles
- Techniques for pruning and shaping trees
- Care of bonsai including watering, fertilizing, repotting, pest control, and over-wintering
- Sources of tools, pots, wire, soil and other supplies
- Species and sources of trees appropriate for your location
- Various hands-on practice
- In the last two sessions you will style your first bonsai!
The cost is $250 per person and covers:
- A tropical, field-grown bonsai, retail value $125.00
- A course manual which you keep as a handy reference
- Supplies used during course workshops and demos
- One year full membership to the Bonsai Society of Winnipeg
The course dates are announced when we have a minimum of 12 participants on the waiting list. A deposit of $100 is required when you confirm your participation. The balance is due at the first class.
PUT ME ON THE WAITING LIST FOR THE NEXT COURSE